Thursday, July 24, 2008

Our Little Bundle of Joy!!



He came into our kitchen at a quaint 2 lbs., 4 oz., 6 3/4 inches long. Our first cantaloupe fell off the vine this morning and is now resting comfortably on our kitchen countertop. It's funny to see the picture at the top of the blog and then see the fruit now. It didn't grow very big, but it is the same size as "organic" cantaloupes I saw in Safeway yesterday.

I worried at what point the cantaloupe would be ripe and ready to pick. Apparently the plant knew when it decided to break off the vine. And if you put your nose to the top of the fruit, you can smell the sweet melon scent.

Come tomorrow night after dinner, we're going to find out how successful our cantaloupe growing prowess really is when we cut it open and eat it.
A Proud Papa
UPDATE: We cut the cantaloupe on Friday and it was perfect.... ripe, juicy, and very tasty!!!





4 comments:

benglish said...

Congratulations Daddy! Did I miss the baby shower? I'm sending a wee "I heart NY" tee shirt for it now...

Mantha said...

congratulations on your new bundle of pride and joy!

your blog is AWESOME!

very, very cool. would like to come back and visit here again. :-)

Barkernews said...

If that's not the cutest picture of Jeremy I've ever seen I don't know what is.

Can I send you my dog?

Shakespere said...

Hi. I enjoyed your blog. It seems to be very interesting.